Saturday, February 23, 2008

Pictures From my First Garden

I was digging through my picture achieves and I came across my pictures for my first garden that I neglected for at least ten years and is still blooming through spring and early summer.

Due to the age and the amount of time passed, I have lost the names of these roses. I have looked into finding out more about the roses in the garden but I have been unsuccessful. If anyone runs across these pictures an knows what these are please let me know what I have here.

Some day I plan to transplant these guys and move them to better home where I can take care of them.

As you can tell this flower bed is a bit dark. Although it is not Ideal, It does get about five to six hours of sunlight during the late afternoon until sunset.

After the first year or two I grew discouraged and ran out of time to work on the bed anymore. I stopped watering everyday and the 100+ degree weather in August nearly killed them every year.

Below you will find some close ups the Roses. If you see any you know or think you know. Please let me know. I need all the help I get.



As you can tell from the pictures one of the roses a crawling type. In the 10 years that it has been in the ground it has spread to different parts of the back of the yard. If the plant lived in ideal conditions it would spread and become a wild in the back yard.

Please feel free to commit.

No comments:

Post a Comment