Sunday, June 8, 2008

Last weekend was busy but fun

Friday after work I planted out my Peach and Cherry trees. They have been sitting in their nursery bag for way to long. I can already see new growth on them!

Saturday morning I got up early and watered my plants and finished potting up most of my seedlings. All I have left is some sage and other shade plants that need to be planted when I have more time.

Saturday Afternoon my wife and I went to the Texas Discovery Garden Texas native butterfly plant sale. We picked up Mexican and Texas Milkweed, Cigar plant, Candlestick plant, frogfruit plant, 2 flats of Lantana and a bunch of organic products to try in our garden.

After we finished up our trip to Fair Park, we stopped by Rohde's Nursery and Nature Store. We bought a bunch of different types of herbs, some everbearing strawberries that were clearance out, and a Mexican Firebush.

My little car is almost full. If we had more time we would gotten more.


After I got my car unloaded and cleaned up I headed out to meet one my friends. We ended up going to a Texas Rangers Baseball game. We were off the first base line second level. We had great seats that were in the shade. It was about 95 degrees and every seat in our section was filled. It got very hot.

June 7 2008, Texas Rangers Stadium. As you can tell I had a great view of the game.

After the game was over, we met up with some more friends for a few beers at Pete's Dueling Piano Bar in Addision TX. That was fun, but it was crowed and hot in there as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment