Thursday, May 8, 2008

Got Some Cuttings Today!

Last week I received some cuttings from a woman who cutting back her overgrown garden. She gave me a bunch of different plants and most still need to be planted or stuck in rooting mix After sitting in water for a week, I got to to take some of my cuttings and put them in rooting pots.

The first thing I did was cut the large branches she gave me into 8 inch sections and I through a way the hardwood sections. After cutting the branches down I found had10 more usable cuttings to put in the rooting mix tomorrow. Next I took those cuttings and removed all the leaves from the bottom 2 inches. Once the leaves were removed I dipped them into the rooting solution and put them into the smallest nursery pots I had.


Rosmarinus officinalis 'Prostratus'



In about 3 to 4 weeks I should have a some new plants. Once they take root, I will move the to larger pots. If most of them take, I will have extras for trade! I will keep you posted on my cuttings.

1 comment: