Sunday, May 4, 2008

What I have been doing the last few weeks

In the last few weeks, I have been so busy that I haven't had the time to work in the garden or post any new posts. Last weekend we went to Houston. The actual city we were in was Sweeney TX. Out near all the oil refineries. The area is all small town and country farming. We were visting a friend that works out there and was moving to Los Angeles. We spent the weekend eating BBQ from a BBQ competition and drinking a lot of beer.

Because of that fun weekend, I lost a whole weekend and I was so exhausted that it took almost the whole week to recover. During the week, I did some work on the garden but that was nothing to brag about, mostly maintenance. Hopefully things will slow down enough that I can start posting most more often.

This past weekend I finally got almost all of my beds prepped and the seeds sowed. I have 1 and 1/2 beds to complete and that will be done sometime this week. Once I get the garden cleaned up from my disaster area, I will show what the beds look like. I sowed several types of zinnias, cosmos, wild flower mix, cosmos, and impatiens. I will be adding several other in the next weeks, I just do not know where and what is needed.

I also got my all my tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers planted.

I still have 6 hot peppers and tomatoes to pot up. I am also going to plant 4 sweet potatoes and some winter squash. Once I get them all potted up I will work on evening this out and staking up everything. I have some ideas for a homemade trellis using cattle panels, bamboo and some stock posts. More to come on this project in a few months.

3 comments:

  1. Still sounds like you have been busy. I was wondering where you had gone and had just thought about you yesterday. I hadn't seen any of your updates pop up on google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes things have been very hectic lately. I have been working on my truck, trying to get an old car scrapped (finally got rid of it), and working on other things. Because of that,posting on the blog and playing on the internet never crossed my mind. Hopefully things will slow down a bit this week. I can get everything taken care, that needs to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants look great! Busy busy I think we all have been.

    ReplyDelete