Saturday, March 29, 2008

Free Mulch, Everyone Should Get Some!

Today I went out to my local recycling center and picked up 4 18 gallon containers of wood bark mulch. The mulch was free for local residents of our town. In about 10 minutes I had picked up enough mulch to get most of my beds mulched for the season. Of course I will have to sort through and remove wood to big or other contaminants before using the mulch. Tomorrow I will find a nice spot for my new mulch to cook a little longer while I prep my beds.

Free mulch gotta love it. Not only is free, I get to reuse a product that was destined for the landfill.

1 comment:

  1. I've also discovered the world of free mulch. Isn't it lovely? We get ours from the same company that trims our trees. But I'll have to check with the city also. Nice site!

    ReplyDelete